UNC Charlotte’s Meeting and Event Planning Certificate program was designed to meet the needs of this dynamic industry. Every class features interaction among students and award-winning instructors, whose expertise and knowledge of the industry tools and resources, help prepare you to enter or advance in this field.
It provides comprehensive education, whereby each module focuses on a different component of event planning, resulting in a composite that teaches tactical skills and strategic thinking techniques. The content and instruction will help you stay on the cutting edge of the profession.
- Strategic Meetings Management
- Marketing Events
- Designing Special Events
- Risk Management & Contracts
- Presentation & Sales Strategies
- Fundraising and Non-Profit Events
- The Business of Weddings
- Trade & Consumer Shows
- Hotel Operations & Management
- Creating and Managing Extraordinary Virtual Events
- Develop needs assessments and profile attendees
- Develop goals and objectives
- Design and develop outstanding programs
- More effectively communicate and negotiate with planners and suppliers
- Create budgets and develop timelines and checklists
- Conduct comprehensive site selections and inspections
- Plan for security, crisis management and legal issues
- Successfully market and promote your meeting or special event
- Implement a Green meeting
- Plan and process fundraising events
- Wedding planning
No, UNC Charlotte does not provide the certification. Certification requires sitting for the national exam. If you would like information on the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification exam, please visit the Events Industry Council website. Our certificate meets the continuing education requirements to qualify to sit for the CMP Exam. Please see the complete list of exam eligibility requirements.
Students have the opportunity to learn from, and network with, our award-winning instructors and guest speakers. These seasoned professionals bring extensive real-world experience, skills, and knowledge of industry tools and resources to help prepare students to enter or advance in the hospitality field.
The UNC Charlotte Certificate Program in Meeting and Event Planning is designed for new and aspiring meeting and event managers, travel agents, and hoteliers, as well as those considering a career change.
It is a basic-to-intermediate level program which is particularly appropriate where basic skills and concepts are provided - yet more experienced professionals may wish to enroll to learn about new trends and advances in the industry and to earn the credential. As such there are no prerequisites to take the program.
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Meeting and Event Planning Certificate : Required
Learn More About Meeting and Event Planning
Complete the form below to learn more about our Meeting and Event Planning Certificate program and receive a link to our free recorded information session.
The program qualifies for the Laura J. Campbell Scholarship.
Next Start Date
March 9, 2023
"I am so impressed that Instructor Kelly Randazzo was able to help me overcome so many issues that have held me back in business, in such a short period of time. Her class was a turning point for me to move past those limitations and she gave me the tools (and the confidence) to improve how I present in front of groups and how to sell myself and my business. I feel like this class will benefit me in more ways than one."
Spring 2021 Participant