Successful DEI initiatives foster positive employee relationships, create a cohesive team, and inspire openness and inclusion. Organizations who achieve a respectful workplace, diversity, equity, and inclusion see fewer complaints of favoritism, harassment, and discrimination.
In this course you will understand the importance of maintaining a harassment-free work environment and how harassment creates a hostile work environment. You will learn to recognize common microaggressions and other offensive behaviors and explore the outcomes associated with the experience of microaggressions and other forms of harassment. You will also understand the importance of speaking up and taking action to stop inappropriate and unwelcome behaviors as well as effective techniques for addressing inappropriate verbal and non-verbal behaviors so you can assist in maintaining a harassment-free workplace.
- Harassment, microaggressions, and DEI
- Why maintaining a harassment-free work environment is important
- How harassment creates a hostile work environment
- What are microaggressions and how do they link to harassment and DEI
- Common microaggressions and outcomes associated with the experience of microaggressions
- Importance of speaking up and taking action
- Techniques for speaking up effectively to stop inappropriate and unwelcome behavior
- Understanding the link between harassment, microaggressions, and DEI
- Awareness of common behaviors that hinder or derail DEI efforts
- Understanding of why it is important to speak up
- Tips and techniques for effectively addressing harassment and microaggressions
Applies To The Following Certificate
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certificate : Required